Want a Way to Donate For Border Terrier Health?
If you want to give a donation for health – there are a number of ways you can help.
Donate to the Border Terrier Club of America Donor Advised Fund at the AKC Canine Health Foundation.
Donations need to be marked for the Border Terrier Club of America DAF. If they are in honor of or memory of, that can be stated. If in honor of, name and address of the honoree can be given and they will be told that the fund has received a donation.
- The BTCA Health Committee makes recommendations to the BTCA Board of directors on those AKC CHF Grants that we feel would best help the health of Border Terriers.
- Our Donor advised fund (DAF) is then used to help fund those grants. AKCCHF is a 501c3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
- Our DAF is funded from individual donations made by Border Terrier owners and friends, by the Border Terrier Club of America and from the Purina Partnership program.
- Our DAF has funded a number of grants, most partially, but some completely.
To donate to the DAF the money should be sent to AKC Canine Health Foundation:
American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 900061
Raleigh, NC 27675-9061
Donate to the Border Terrier Club of America Health and Scholarship Foundation and indicate HEALTH.
- These donations are tax deductible as the Foundation has 501c3 status.
- These funds help pay for the Health Clinic subsidies at the National Specialties
- We pay the FedEx charges for samples submitted to the CHIC DNA Bank
- We are establishing a pilot program for eye exams on dogs not in breeding programs in order to get a feeling for eye health in the general population of Border Terriers.
- We are establishing a pilot program for eye exams to follow dogs with eye problems and make sure the results are in the open database.
- We make donations to the AKCCHF for grants that help the health of Border Terriers.
Border Terrier Club of America Health and Scholarship Foundation