Register of Merit Award & Application
The BTCA Register of Merit program was developed to honor Border Terrier sires and dams that have produced a specific number of champion offspring. In order to receive an ROM, a BTCA member must submit an application that verifies the record of the get as well as the health clearances for the dog that is being submitted. At the annual Awards Banquet the owner of the ROM recipient is given an engraved medallion as well as a certificate in recognition of the achievement.
You can also browse a list of ROM awards from 1970 to the present here: ROM Records
1. Stud Dog/Brood Bitch must be owned (or co-owned) by a BTCA member. All owners of a ROM qualified Stud Dog/Brood Bitch that are BTCA members in good standing will receive a ROM certificate and an engraved medallion free of charge.
2. A Stud Dog/Brood Bitch will be awarded a ROM based on the health screening requirements at the date of its birth, which are as follows:
a. Born before December 31, 1999: No health screening requirements.
b. Born between January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2005: OFA or Penn-Hip certification on hips and eye CERF or eye OFA certification dated within one year (before or after) of birth date for youngest get, or within one year of this application, or as of the date of death.
c. Born January 1, 2006 or later: Current CHIC number as of the date of application, or as of the date of death. Health screening required for a CHIC number include hip screening from OFA, GDC, OVA, Penn-Hip, or BVA/KC Hip Scheme (at 24 months); annual eye CERF or eye OFA to age 8, OFA Cardiac Exam by a Cardiologist or Specialist; OFA Patellar Exam; and DNA for Shaking Puppy (SLEM) OFA
3. Sire must have 7 (or more) AKC Champion Get:
Bronze = 7-9 Silver = 10-11 Gold = 12 or more
4. Dam must have 5 (or more) AKC Champion Get:
Bronze = 5-6 Silver = 7-9 Gold = 10 or more
5. attach a copy of your CHIC certificate
2600 Walker Ave.,
Greensboro, NC 27403
The deadline to apply for the Register of Merit award has passed. Please apply next year.